Translate

Saturday 27 April 2013

Spring Colour Mania......

    Spring, Spring, Spring.......
        Spring is in the air.....

      Finally the long wait is over, and now time for some Spring Colours all over.
Daffodils have bloomed, Hyacinths have bloomed, the Cherry Blossoms have opened up and showcasing their glorious beauty.

     But in my sugar garden, I have been working upon some flowers and Calla Lily, Cherry Blossoms, Plumerias, Ranunculus flowers are at their peak. I have earlier worked with Gum Paste to sculpt these flowers, but recently I tried MMF, and from then on have been keen to check how good I can use to sculpt flowers. I found the MMF receipe more easy than the Gum Paste.




Fondant sugar paste gum paste calla lily flower

Calla Lily

 
Fondant gum paste sugar paste modelling clay pleumeria flowers

PLUMERIAS



Fondant gum paste sugar paste modelling clay cherry blossoms cake topper

Cherry Blossoms


        I tried to make the Ranunculus for the first time, with very little guidelines. So, I observed the flower pictures and with what Jacqueline Butler from Petalsweet has blogged, started to sculpt this very simple but tricky flower. I was pretty impressed with the final look of the flower.


Fondant Sugar Paste Gum Paste Modelling Clay Ranunculus flower

Ranunculus


      The pink one was my first attempt. Though not to what I wanted, it does look like a full bloom Ranunculus. ( we need to use at least 3 - 4 different cutter sizes, but I have only 1 size, so I should pat my back for how good it looks )

       The  White Green Ranunculus is my second attempt , and I am fully satisfied how beautiful it looks.
I m glad to see this decked up on a pretty cake very soon.
          




     With this Ranunculus I have been running crazy for anything grass green in colour.
Finally it is SPRING you see. So Green should be in favour.

      My Green fever has led me in search of a new era of  patisserie. I went on hopping in search of something green coloured mousse based dessert, and found the beautiful, eye catching desserts from Hidemi Sugino that Bertha from Gourmetbaking has created. I have prepared a receipe of homemade Pistachio Paste ( green is dominating now ) and am all set to try my hand at all the delicious, yummy pistachio pastries. I hope I will be successful in making them, the way Bertha has presented.




No comments:

Post a Comment